Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Reading – 100% onsite
Employment Type: 18 months contract (Inside IR35)
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role where your expertise can make a significant impact on safety and compliance in a highly regulated environment? We are seeking a dedicated Design Engineer / Safety Case Engineer to join our team!
- Maintain a live safety case for our facility, ensuring compliance with legislation, Nuclear Licence Conditions, and industry standards.
- Manage the production of engineering design substantiation and assessments throughout the asset lifecycle.
- Provide strategic leadership in managing a professional engineering service.
- Work seamlessly across functions, serving as a vital interface between the Facility, Safety Case Subject Matter Experts, and Technical Authorities.
- Proven Design or operational experience in a highly regulated environment such as Nuclear, Gas, Oil, Rail or Pharma.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment with responsibility for ensuring the quality and timely delivery of engineering design, supporting continuous safe operations.
- Ability to articulate technical complexities, direct work, and lead teams to meet program goals.
- Familiarity with legislation and standards related to safety and safety maintenance within engineering.
- Experience in configuration and change control governance and implementation on a Nuclear licensed site, including line of sight from maintenance results to the engineering schedule.
- Experience in maintaining a live safety case and conducting assessments.
For further details or to apply, please submit your CV and I will be in touch for a confidential chat.