Data Product Manager
Job Title: Data Product Manager
Location: Scotland (Flexible: Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness)
Employment Type: Permanent
We have a requirement for a Data Product Manager – you will join a well-established energy company with significant growth plans, committed to investing in low carbon projects.
As a Data Product Manager, you will drive the data product strategy (reporting, analytics, automation, etc.) and delivery from identification of need through to build, business adoption, and value realization monitoring. This role is a business and demand facing side of the Microsoft Fabric based data platform capability and its services/products. It oversees every aspect of the product lifecycle, ensuring requirements are met and value is realized through the smart use of integrated data assets.
You will report to one of their sites in Scotland, either in Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen or Inverness. The company offers full flexibility.
- Balance the strategy, governance, and implementation of anything data-related, facilitating conversations between all impacted stakeholders.
- Drive the implementation of a data product roadmap, optimizing delivery mechanisms, and opportunity through multidisciplinary teams, developers, and external partners.
- Ensure adherence to company policies, standards, and guidelines for Data Management, applying uniformly recognized and accepted data definitions and classifications.
- Provide effective leadership, support & management across the Data Product team, working across the broader data team and stakeholders.
- Create a new Business Intelligence community of practice, supporting business areas with Business Intelligence best practice methodology and selecting appropriate partnership methodology.
- Experience within a data team at a senior level and developing teams with the ability to provide inspirational leadership.
- Experience of leading data product development from start to completion, utilizing specialist resources.
- Proven record in driving the creation of highly valuable data assets for the business.
- Relevant exposure to data teams, with knowledge in a minimum of four of the following technical disciplines.
- High-level understanding of business intelligence capabilities, opportunities & limitations.
- In-depth understanding of the industry and value optimization-driven mindset for opportunity assessment.
- Experience with Data and Analytics tools and capabilities (e.g., Azure Synapse Analytics, Databricks).
- Knowledge of Visualization tools (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, custom web interfaces), Middleware, ETL, Database management, Azure DevOps/MSPO/Agile methodology.
- Expertise in data product planning, value metrics, agile methodology, and DevOps.
- Excellent ability to turn business design requirements into technical use cases for product development with technical teams.